Monday, December 1, 2008

Wonkeye and I getting edumacated

There is nothing as stubborn as a "little" dog. I have had one or two "come to Jesus" meetings with my Shepard's but they are a breed that likes to please their owners. A stern look is often all it takes to correct a miss-adventure.

And then there are the little dogs. They truly don't give a rats behind if you like what they do or not. They are on this earth to be worshiped and catered to. Ummm that's really not my thing.

I was driven to yell and threaten Wonkeye many many times. "Do ya want to be drop-kicked into next week??" or "Damn it to Hell!!! Quit chewing on your leash!!" Can I tell you how non-effective that is? Pointless but therapeutic.

So I signed us up for some training. Private lessons. 2'x a week crash course. We started today.

So I only have one question ---Why didn't I do this MONTHS ago?? Mr. Wookie now walks like a civilized dog, does not chew on his leash, nor does he rip my arm out of the socket. After 1 class.

Now my only concern--and this could be a problem--the marshmallow, my other half, the never discipline a kid or dog other half---HAS TO REINFORCE THE NEW RULES. This will be interesting. Very, very interesting.


Does this look like some one who can follow the rules let alone reinforce them?? Kind of has that window licker look huh?

I am also playing hard ball about the peeing in my house. Back to basics. Crate at night. Go out 1st thing in the morning and if he doesn't pee, back into the crate and try the drill again in 10 minutes. Lets hope this is a fast fix too!! If this doesn't work--my back-up plan includes a rubber band.

1 comment:

Millers! said...

hahaa, your so funny! atleast he is starting to cooperate! glad you got a blog!