Friday, December 26, 2008




Oh how I love the Florida sun. It is truly wonderful to wake up to blue sky and sun shine.

Chasing one two year old is work. Chasing two is crazy!! Alexis Ann and Ashley Robin are happy busy little girls! They eat incredible amounts of food, but only because it takes lots of fuel to keep as active as they are.

My mind keeps wandering back to how tiny they were at birth. Ok, let's be fair, they were only tiny to us, who come from the land of 8 and 9 pound new borns. By NICU standards they were down right chunky at 4#7 oz and 4# 10 oz. One of the more vivid memories I have of the NICU was watching an RN try to feed a pic line into the vein of a 1# 13 oz baby. It was one of the most gut-wrenching moments I spent there. I was holding chunky Ashley and trying not to sob when that small, precious thing mewed--too immature and weak to cry out in pain. NICU personnel are incredible people and I'm sure they have their own little place in Heaven.

Tomorrow is the big day--Birthday Party for the Girls--celebrating a couple of days early, but celebrate we will.

No comments: