Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Playing Hookie

DeDe and I took a vote and decided to skip work today (Wednesday). It really wasn't a hard decision and I think we really had made up our minds yesterday before we left work. The weather forecast is for snow and freezing rain and more snow. All today!!! Work is a 50 mile round trip. With the cold and wind to continue. So it was no contest--stay home and be lazy or gear up and fight snow and ice on our way home from work.
My creative side has been in sleep mode for a while but something about some cold and snowy east wind weather brings it out each winter. I'm working on making a quilt out of "left overs" and worn out jeans. It should be fairly quick to make but I'm kind of ADD lately. Nothing is getting "done". I need to get some cookies baked. I have all the dough made but I like "fresh" cookies and I don't know when the weather is going to cooperate and let me deliver the goods. Chuck keeps taking my car--yes the one with the studded snow tires all around--to work and leaving me with the truck. That is NOT a fair trade let me tell you.


One of the last things to do before we fly to Florida and warm weather is bake the cookies for the trip. I heard on the news I can take baked goods in my carry-on so maybe they will look edible when we get there.
This is a picture of one of the twins HELPING to bake cookies. Because we all know that taste testing is very important, and sometimes a little lick before the dough is baked is just what the chef orders.
Now which twin is this??? Most Grandma's would know, but I be danged if I can tell in pictures. And it's a little iffy in person. But I'm smart enough to dress them differently until I'm sure enough to keep them straight. All I can say is that it is certainly a good thing that Miss Alexis still has a strawberry on her back, Right Dan???? I've caught him trying to feel it thru her shirt when he isn't sure. LOL
Well time to start dinner. I did shovel the driveway and wash the throw rugs again. I'm am sure in a blaaaa lazy mode lately. I need sunshine and warm. NOW.





No comments: