Saturday, June 13, 2009

Saturday gone lazy

The plans I had for Saturday got canceled. So Friday Night I made a to-do-list of things I needed to get done. It appeared reasonable to a Ambien brain at 10pm Friday. It looked sort of like this:

Saturday
Laundry
Vacuum, Dust
Scrub Kitchen Cabinets
YARD
Finish touch-up painting on woodwork
Bath Wookie


This is what really got done:
Laundry
Vacuum & Dust
Yard
watched movie Juno--really enjoyed this!
googled music from Juno---Moldy Peaches--Anyone Else But You--theme song.
researched luggage size for carry-on's and checked luggage on SouthWest
Researched (Google--gotta love Google--how did I survive before I discovered Google???)
structure of Pillowcase Dresses to convert to Pillowcase Nighties for Miss Kaylee, decided to try 2 different methods, dug through fabric for just the right stuff--looked through ribbon for correct size, color, edging to match fabric, then whipped up 2 nighties!!
Made dinner at 7 pm, while Tater Tot Casserole cooks, took shower and created this post.

Sooooo. . . . . . Wookie still looks like an orphan dog, the kitchen cabinets still need scrubbed so I can sand and prime and paint them.

But on the bright side here are Miss K's Nighties:




I guess there is some hope on Monday that I will scrub the cabinets ------I want it DONE!!
After a long search (ha--it was right where I put it) I found the Arlo Guthery poems I taught the girls when we were riding in the car to keep them from killing each other. Dog Kickers and Moose Goosers. As soon as I can I will post these for your reading pleasure. On a side note, I memorized these in Freshman Biology with Mr. Morgan. How I passed that class is a mystery and phenomena and small miracle. It must have been my shining personality--it sure wasn't because I did any work.





No comments: